Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms today. It has over 1 billion users worldwide who are sharing their photos with each other through hashtags or tagging friends in them. If you're looking for ways to market yourself online, then there's no better way than using Instagram as an opportunity to build your brand.
But if you have never used Instagram before, don't worry! There are many simple steps that anyone can follow to get started promoting themselves via Instagram. These tips will help you navigate the world of Instagram and begin building a following right away.
In this article we'll show you how to start a project on Instagram. After reading our guide, you should be able to use Instagram like a pro, share ideas with others, and create something truly unique.
To kickstart your Instagram career, you need to make sure that you have some followers already. This means having at least 10 people interested in what you post. When deciding which accounts to follow, try not to choose those that only send you notifications when they comment (or "like" your posts). That kind of behavior makes you feel ignored by these creators, and may even discourage potential customers from following them later.
Instead, go after those influencers that genuinely want to connect with you instead of just being self-serving. Make sure you understand what they offer first. While the majority of big names on Instagram tend to focus more on marketing products rather than connecting with fans, remember: quality content always wins out.
Once you've found someone interesting enough to consider following, tap into their account settings so you know exactly what to expect from them. You want to find creators that are genuine about interacting with their audience. Look for profiles that talk directly to their fans without any interruptions from sponsored ads. They could also be active on multiple different social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter, to give you a taste of what else they're up to.
If you don't see any success within a couple weeks, take another look at the accounts you followed. Maybe you overlooked someone great because you were too distracted by the ones that weren't providing anything worthwhile. Keep searching until you find the perfect person to follow.
When choosing new accounts to check out, keep tabs on whether or not they respond well to comments. Try sending them a message asking questions or offering feedback on their work. As long as they answer back promptly, you shouldn't run into any trouble.
While it might seem strange to ask strangers for advice, remember that everyone was once a beginner. And while some famous personalities might think they can treat their audience however they please, you can rest assured knowing that you aren't doing anything wrong here. Just stay polite, friendly, and open to suggestions — and you'll eventually gain support from the best people around you.
Now that you have some followers ready to receive your messages, let's move onto the next step in launching a successful Instagram project.
Boosting your profile involves increasing its visibility among other people and brands. To do this, you must learn how to optimize your feed for maximum engagement. Boosted pages typically feature higher levels of interaction among viewers. The goal is to maximize exposure for both you and your product(s) while still maintaining a positive experience for all parties involved.
There are several ways to achieve boosted status. Here are two of the easiest methods available to newcomers.
Use Hashtags Wisely
Since Instagram began allowing users to tag specific words and phrases, hashtag usage exploded in popularity. By adding relevant tags to your own posts, you allow other users to easily search for topics related to your niche. In addition to making your content easier to locate, hashtagging helps draw attention to images posted by other creators.
It doesn't matter where you live or what country you hail from, there are hundreds of generic keywords that you can throw into every photo to attract views. Before posting your picture, spend some time brainstorming hashtags that fit your topic perfectly. Don't forget to include descriptive text along with your chosen tags, but stick to short and sweet. Long descriptions detract from the image itself, making your caption irrelevant to the viewer.
Hashtag Usage Tip #1 - Use the same number of hashtags per post. A good rule of thumb is to limit yourself to three or four tags, depending on the size of your following. Too many tags dilutes the effect and looks messy. Also, try to avoid duplicating common terms since you won't appear very useful to anyone searching for similar things. Remember, less is often more.
Hashtag Usage Tip #2 - Avoid using too many unrelated hashtags together. For example, you wouldn't put "I love dogs!" alongside "dog training". Your captions should complement your pictures, not distract from them. Trying to force unrelated tags together can result in confusion and lost interest from viewers.
Try Posting Multiple Times Per Day
Another important aspect of boosting your presence online comes down to scheduling. Since Instagram allows you to upload several pictures at once, why not capitalize on this fact? Instead of uploading five separate posts during your lunch break, schedule everything ahead of time and save hours of wasted time.
The beauty of this strategy lies in the simplicity. All you need to do is set aside some time to maintain your account daily, and you'll soon notice a huge increase in activity. Once you've got a solid lineup of scheduled posts under your belt, you can continue growing your follower base gradually.
As mentioned earlier, finding Instagram enthusiasts can sometimes prove difficult. However, there are plenty of opportunities for growth outside your immediate circle. One easy method is to browse the Explore tab. On top of featuring trending memes, this section highlights hashtags that aren't commonly associated with your interests. Take advantage of this feature to broaden your reach while gaining valuable insight into trends happening across the platform.
Keep Track Of What Works
With thousands upon thousands of posts uploaded every day, it's impossible to track every single thing going on. But luckily, Instagram provides tools that can help you keep track of your progress.
One handy tool is called Insights. Similar to Google Analytics, this app lets you view statistics on your previous posts. With insights, you can estimate how many likes you received for certain types of pictures, determine which days produce the highest amount of traffic, and gauge general user interactions.
Using analytics, you can spot patterns within your data to inform future decisions regarding your content. Whether you decide to change up your style based on results, add additional hashtags, or adjust your posting times, you can now tell if a particular tactic worked better compared to another.
An added bonus to using Insights is that you can access it on mobile devices, meaning you can analyze stats wherever you happen to be. Never miss an opportunity again due to forgetting to check your phone!
After getting acquainted with basic features, you can advance further by learning advanced tricks. Some of the main skills involve optimizing your layout, creating collages, editing videos, and taking part in contests.
From personal experience, I'd say that mastering these techniques takes patience and practice. Although it's not required, you may wish to invest extra money into apps that provide premium services. Most importantly, enjoy exploring and discovering new content!
While free options exist, paid services are necessary for professional marketers. If you plan on branding yourself as a serious player on Instagram, you should seek out high-quality templates designed specifically for professionals.
For starters, you can opt for a full service package that includes design assistance, management, and optimization. Prices vary between $299-$499 per month, depending on your needs. For beginners, this option works nicely thanks to affordable pricing and customer satisfaction guarantees. If you don't mind investing a little cash, you can also hire a designer independently to handle everything for you.
However, if you plan on starting small with limited funds, consider outsourcing smaller tasks separately. For instance, you can pay freelancers to write articles or create graphics for you, which would otherwise require significant amounts of time.
By utilizing various tactics, you can grow your fanbase substantially without breaking the bank. Now that you've learned how to start a project on Instagram, you're ready to rock your local scene. So grab your supplies, jump behind the camera, and prepare to become Insta-famous!
So far, we've talked extensively about how to start a project on Instagram. We hope this information gave you a clear idea of what you need to do to succeed. From setting up your profile to managing your followers, there's absolutely nothing holding you back. Now it's time to test drive your newfound knowledge by actually implementing these strategies.
Get creative and come up with original ways to advertise your product/service. Then pick a few that resonate with you and your target audience. If you're struggling to come up with ideas, you can either turn to inspiration from fellow businesses or simply watch closely to see what works for others.
Remember, Instagram isn't just for selfies anymore. Nowadays, you can showcase your talents and encourage others to pursue their passions. Simply embrace the power of social media and you'll have no problem attracting loyal clients.
Launching any new business venture is exciting but launching one on the world's largest photo-sharing platform – Instagram – takes planning. With so many users already engaged with other businesses, there are ways you can leverage that engagement to help boost awareness of yours.
The secret lies in using Instagram as part of an overall marketing strategy. Here’s our guide on how to use Instagram to market your small business.
There are several things you should consider when deciding how to grow your business through Instagram posts. First off, make sure you have complete control over what gets posted or shared by your account. This includes photos, videos, Stories, captions and comments.
In addition, if you plan on posting regularly (at least once per day), then be prepared to spend time editing those images/videos before sharing them publicly. The good news is that most platforms like Facebook offer easy image editing tools where you can add filters, crop pictures, etc., while Apple offers similar features for video editing. You can also edit text and choose from thousands of fonts.
Once edited, post these updates directly to Instagram. To share via email or SMS text message, select either Post Via Email or Message " Send Story Link" from the top menu bar. For more information about setting up your own profile page on Instagram, see here.
If you prefer not to upload content yourself, take advantage of some great options out there. We've got lots of ideas below!
1. Use hashtags (#) to increase visibility. Hashtags were originally created to make searching easier, however now they serve another important purpose - driving traffic back to your website. By including relevant tags in all of your Instagram posts, it helps people find your brand or product easily on the app. It also allows others who might not follow you yet to learn more about your offerings.
2. Keep your feed updated with high quality, engaging content. If you want to attract followers, provide something useful and interesting every single day. People love consistency and regularity, plus don't forget to include links to your site at the end of each article. Also keep in mind that no two days are alike, which means you need to create unique content daily.
3. Interact with others. Don’t just sit behind the camera waiting for likes. Take action whenever possible and get involved with conversations happening within your niche. Responding promptly lets other users know you're interested in their opinions too. A simple comment shows appreciation for feedback and builds trust between you and your audience.
4. Share images & videos that inspire readers. When creating content for your account, remember to think outside the box. One way to stand apart from competitors is to show visitors why your products and services are better than theirs. Highlight benefits instead of focusing solely on price points. Consider adding testimonials and case studies to support claims made about your offering.
5. Be authentic. Authenticity goes hand-in-hand with being real. While appearing genuine may mean different things to different people, authenticity boils down to speaking candidly about topics related to your industry. Think carefully about what you say because the wrong words could cause irreparable damage to your reputation.
6. Create compelling visuals. Photos and images speak louder than words. They convey emotion and bring your story alive. However, they must first appeal to viewers' eyes. Make sure your photos are well lit without harsh shadows or glare. Avoid blurry shots, low resolution, and ones with poor contrast. And finally, make sure your subject(s) look natural and relaxed rather than posed.
7. Incorporate visual elements into copywriting. Adding graphics to your blog articles makes them much more appealing to read. Your goal is to draw attention to specific areas of interest, thereby encouraging web surfers to click further. Using multiple colors also increases legibility, making reading easier. So try incorporating infographics into your promotional materials too.
8. Add calls-to-action. Since Instagram only displays 15% of a user's screen space, you'll need to maximize its usefulness otherwise consumers won't bother scrolling past your ad. In order to grab their attention, highlight special deals and incentives right away.
9. Choose the right caption. Although Instagram does allow you to write whatever you wish under your photos, it is best practice to keep your captions short and sweet. Short sentences are ideal. As long as they aren't boring, they shouldn't exceed 25 characters in length. Longer captions tend to distract users from viewing your update altogether.
10. Leverage influencers. Influencer marketing is becoming increasingly popular among marketers today. With millions of active accounts across various social media networks, celebrities and influential individuals often endorse certain brands and products online. But you don't necessarily have to pay big bucks to tap into this resource. There are plenty of lesser known influencers willing to lend their voices in return for exposure. Some even charge minimal fees for interviews. All you need to do is reach out to potential partners and ask whether they would be open to accepting sponsored posts.
11. Engage your audience. Once someone follows your page, let them know immediately that you appreciate their loyalty. Then respond quickly to questions and concerns. This type of immediate response has a positive impact on customer satisfaction levels. Plus, according to research conducted by Credo Mobile last year, customers expect companies to reply to messages within 30 minutes.
12. Run ads. Advertisements appear in your bio and cover photo and cost $100 USD monthly. You can run campaigns targeting anyone based on location, gender, age range, interests, etc. These types of promotions can generate leads or sales. Just set aside enough money each month from your budget to place ads.
13. Promote contests. Running competitions on Instagram can go viral very fast and give you instant results. Follow these steps to establish a contest:
Choose a prize theme that appeals to your target audience. Contestants should be able to relate to your campaign concept.
Set a date for submission deadline. Set rules such as number of entries allowed and require participants register beforehand.
Create a poll asking contestants to vote on their favorite entry. Announce the winner after tallying votes.
Provide detailed instructions to entrants.
Design a catchy hashtag to track competition activity.
14. Start building buzz. Letting your audience know about upcoming events, launches, discounts, giveaways, etc., gives them reason to come back to your page. Try scheduling periodic announcements throughout the week or month.
15. Build relationships. Social media isn't just about selling. Sharing valuable resources and helping others can build lasting connections. Giveaways and coupons drive excitement amongst fans while providing a chance to connect personally with prospective clients.
16. Collaborate with other entrepreneurs. Working together to achieve common goals is always beneficial. Find likeminded groups on LinkedIn and join discussions to exchange tips and strategies. Or simply browse the pages of other successful entrepreneurs to gain inspiration.
17. Learn from mistakes. Mistakes happen, especially during the early stages of developing a business. Remember to acknowledge errors and apologize sincerely. Otherwise, it could lead to loss of credibility.
18. Monitor trends closely. Trends change rapidly online, so keeping abreast of current conditions will ensure you stay ahead of rivals. Review competitor analytics frequently and analyze data accordingly.
19. Measure performance effectively. Without proper tracking, it becomes difficult to gauge progress toward your objectives. Check KPIs (key performance indicators) against established benchmarks to identify growth opportunities.
20. Establish clear call-to-actions. Ask users to visit your website or sign up to receive alerts to encourage them to take desired actions.
21. Provide ongoing value. Help prospects become repeat buyers by delivering fresh content consistently. Stay connected with others on social media, participate in communities, and contribute to discussion boards.
22. Utilize targeted advertising. Targeted advertising refers to a form of advertisement delivered to audiences specifically interested in a particular topic or category. Search engines like Google display ads based upon keywords used by searchers looking to purchase a particular item or service.
23. Tap into native advertising. Native advertisements are designed to blend seamlessly into digital publications such as blogs and websites. Ads placed inside editorial spaces typically garner higher clicks compared to banner ads.
24. Offer subscriptions. Subscriptions refer to recurring payments for access to premium content rather than one-time purchases. Offering subscribers exclusive access to curated content keeps them coming back.
25. Optimize your store front. Selling items on Instagram doesn't imply having to maintain inventory in stock. Instead, showcase images of available items along with descriptions. Customers can buy readily accessible goods right away without shipping delays.
26. Have fun with it. Launching a business requires dedication, hard work and persistence. Yet, running a company must never feel like a burden. Treat it as a hobby, and enjoy the journey.
27. Always experiment. Instagram is constantly changing, and changes affect how we use it. Therefore, staying informed of these revisions is crucial to maximizing your use of this tool to improve your presence and standing online.
28. Track everything. Tracking provides insight into behavior patterns and enables you to understand consumer preferences. Insights generated from analytics enable you to create personalized experiences.
29. Work smarter, not harder. Making smart decisions regarding your operations will save you significant amounts of time and energy.
Have you ever thought about launching a new product or service in the form of an online store but did not know where to begin with it? You can easily find out yourself by starting a project on Instagram—it is one of the best ways for consumers to get acquainted with products before they buy them offline.
Let's look at what steps are required for you to have successful launches on Instagram.
There are many different ways that people use Instagram to keep up-to-date with their favorite brands. Some of these include following companies' official accounts while others connect users with pages directly through hashtags and keywords used within posts.
When someone visits your page, it should be easy for them to understand what your brand does without any confusion. Here we'll discuss all methods available to help you better communicate information to potential customers.
1. Use photos and videos effectively
One way to create hype around your upcoming projects is using high quality images and video clips. This is also the most effective method when it comes to engaging followers and encouraging them to share content from your page too. It may take some time until you're able to produce great looking graphics, but there are numerous free tools available that allow anyone to edit media files into attractive designs.
2. Add relevant tags
Tags play a key role in helping other users locate interesting feeds. Therefore, make sure that you add as much detail as possible so that everyone knows exactly what you want them to see. If you don't know which ones to choose, check our guide on choosing the right tagline for your post.
3. Post regularly
It’s important to maintain consistency throughout the year because otherwise followers might lose interest in your feed. While posting every day isn't necessary, try to post multiple times per week if possible.
4. Create captivating titles
Instagram allows creators to add short snippets of text under each image or video clip. Try to come up with catchy headlines that would draw attention to your work. Make sure to add hashtags that are related to your subject matter to increase engagement among viewers.
5. Consider adding location tagging
If you plan to hold events related to your brand, consider including locations such as restaurants and stores in your descriptions. However, remember to avoid spamming users by overusing hashtags related to your company. Otherwise, just leave them blank to show up automatically below your posts.
6. Take part in influencer marketing campaigns
While growing your audience size is always beneficial, you need to focus more on building relationships with your existing followers first. Influencers with large followings often endorse similar products to yours so you could reach out to them to ask whether they'd like to collaborate with you on promoting your brand.
7. Connect with another platform
In addition to Instagram, you can also utilize platforms like Facebook and Pinterest to grow your outreach further. These networks bring millions of additional eyeballs to your posts and give you a chance to showcase your ideas even wider than on Instagram alone.
8. Encourage comments
Your goal here is to encourage interaction between you and your audiences. When somebody leaves a comment on your photo, you will receive notification that encourages you to respond back. In return, you should answer questions asked regarding your services or offer suggestions on improving something mentioned in your post.
9. Set goals
Setting realistic objectives during your campaign helps you stay focused and track progress easier. For example, if you intend to raise funds for a certain cause, set milestones along the way that would notify you once you've reached those targets.
10. Share content across channels
Having your own dedicated channel on various social media sites gives you greater control over your message. With this approach, you can ensure consistency in branding and gain valuable insights into user behavior.
11. Give incentives
Donating items to giveaway for promotional purposes is yet another popular strategy. People love getting things for free, especially when it relates to their interests. A well designed contest can attract thousands of entries.
12. Know your target market
Knowing who your ideal customer is is crucial for developing a strong connection with them. Your profile picture should represent your niche, and making sure that your bio includes details that appeal specifically to them can boost response rates significantly.
13. Measure results
Measuring success is critical to staying motivated to continue running your campaign. Choose metrics that suit your needs and stick to them. Answering common questions relating to your brand, gaining more subscribers, and increasing interactions with fans are good indicators of growth.
14. Analyze data
Data analysis provides you with an opportunity to adjust your strategies accordingly based on feedback received from users. By checking analytics, you can learn more about what works and what doesn't and then apply changes accordingly.
15. Keep it simple
Keep your updates clean and clear. Avoid unnecessary buzz words, long paragraphs, and jargon that only experts would understand. Instead, tell stories that resonate with regular folks.
16. Be authentic
Authenticity goes hand in hand with transparency. Don't hide anything from your followers. Let them know everything about your plans—from the type of materials you're working with, to prices, etc.
17. Remember SEO!
Search engines rank websites higher depending upon its relevance and popularity. So, try to optimize your website by creating appealing landing pages. Using targeted keywords in blog articles and press releases will definitely improve visibility of your site.
18. Pay attention to security concerns
Security has become increasingly important since hackers now frequently attack major tech firms. Before publishing sensitive material on your account, double-check that nothing looks suspiciously wrong.
19. Stay safe
Be careful with sharing personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, home address, and payment card details. Never click links sent via messages from strangers unless you are absolutely confident about doing so.
20. Get ready for negative reactions
This is inevitable whenever you release something new. But, instead of letting negativity affect your mood, think positively about issues and move forward. Focus on positive aspects of your project, team members, and supporters.
21. Ask for advice
Once your launch gets underway, it wouldn't hurt to seek professional help. Consultants can provide advice that will aid you in reaching your goals faster. Moreover, hiring a PR agency can also assist you in boosting your public profile.
22. Respond to bad reviews
Bad publicity can really damage your reputation. That said, don't let criticism discourage you from moving ahead with your idea. Always keep an open mind and listen carefully to critics, but remain rational and objective. After all, nobody likes being publicly criticized.
23. Learn from mistakes
Whenever there's a mishap, analyze what went wrong and figure out what caused it. Then, correct errors and prevent future occurrences from happening again.
24. Follow basic rules
Creating an active presence on social media requires following general guidelines to minimize risks associated with misuse. Do not post inappropriate or offensive content. Also, never use copyrighted images or footage without permission.
25. Protect your privacy
Protecting your privacy is vital. As soon as you hit publish on any update, it becomes visible to anybody who follows you. Hence, it's essential to shield your identity and protect your private information.
26. Monitor competitors
Competitors aren't necessarily evil—they actually serve as useful sources of inspiration. Check out what other businesses in your industry are offering and adapt to meet consumer demands.
27. Think long term
Launching a project on Instagram won't guarantee overnight success. Rather, you must develop a sustainable model that's capable of supporting both current and future operations. Making smart decisions today will save you money later down the road.
28. Celebrate small wins
Celebrating little successes along the way ensures that you don't lose momentum. Every milestone achieved deserves recognition. So, acknowledge achievements from time to time to motivate yourself and inspire confidence in your staff.
29. Admit defeat
Every setback happens for a reason. Learning from failures is key to avoiding repeat offenses. Once you realize that an issue stems from a specific mistake, you can fix it immediately.
30. Communicate clearly
Before releasing anything, decide how you'll inform your clients about it. Clarify expectations beforehand and explain why actions were taken to achieve them. Doing so will build trust and respect among people interested in your offerings.
31. Build partnerships
Joining forces with partners whose expertise aligns with yours is efficient way to expand your influence. Partnering up with agencies specializing in digital promotion and advertising makes sense if you're serious about expanding your client base.
32. Collaborate with influencers
Influencers with larger followings generally enjoy increased exposure due to their considerable clout. Collaboration with influential figures boosts credibility and builds awareness of your goods. To maximize impact, tailor pitches according to individual preferences.
33. Go live
Live broadcasts on television and YouTube (or whatever medium suits your purpose) garner more traffic compared to prerecorded versions. They are usually accompanied by Q&As, where participants interact with hosts. The format makes your audience feel valued and engaged.
34. Speak to your audience
People tend to pay closer attention to spoken rather than written communications. This is precisely why TV commercials are shot as voiceovers. Speaking your message aloud will help clarify thoughts and highlight subtleties that you'd miss otherwise.
Become CEO of your own lead generation software company, just follow our battle-tested guidelines and rake in the profits.