There were many articles and books written on what it takes to be successful in life, both financially and spiritually. But what if we told you that there was one simple truth about making money online which could help you achieve financial freedom within weeks or months instead of years? Well here it is...
The secret formula for success lies inside each person.
You have unique talents, skills and abilities. You also possess different personality traits and characteristics. These things separate us as individuals. And this uniqueness makes our lives worth living. The question then becomes - how do these differences create value and lead to greater income opportunities?
It's not hard to figure out. We just need to learn more about ourselves and discover those qualities which set certain people apart from others. Then use them to our advantage by leveraging on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram etc.
I know this may sound too good to be true because it isn't. In fact, it has been proven to work time after time across cultures and generations. All you need to do is apply yourself consistently towards building great relationships through social networking sites.
In essence, when used correctly, they are an incredible source of passive residual income. So let me share with you the top five ways to make money with ease by using social networks.
1) Start blogging
A blog is simply a website where you share your thoughts, opinions, experiences and knowledge with other members of the Internet community. They're basically open forums where anyone can join and contribute their input, advice and suggestions. If you think about it, blogs are actually miniature communities and social networks rolled into one.
Blogs are very easy to start even for first timers. There are hundreds of free templates available online which will guide you step by step on creating your own personal site. Once you've created it, register it at WordPress (or any other popular content management system), add lots of relevant keywords related to your niche market and promote your newly acquired domain name via social marketing techniques such as article submission.
2) Sell stuffs
Selling products and services directly from your blog is known as affiliate marketing. This method enables affiliate marketers to make commissions without having to worry about warehousing inventory or processing payments themselves. Affiliate programs usually offer ready made banners, graphics, links, ads and text link widgets which you can place onto your blog. When visitors click on your banner ad, buy something or fill up form, you get paid commission.
This process works best when you target niches with high demand. For example, ebooks relating to health, fitness, parenting and self improvement. Because most of these items sell quickly, you'll find it easier to generate sales volume. One thing to remember though is that you must always stay away from promoting illegal drugs, weapons, alcohol and porn materials. Your readership would definitely frown upon that!
3) Build list
List building is another tried and tested technique by experienced affiliates who enjoy long term residual income. As mentioned earlier, blogs serve as mini communities and social networks rolled into one. People tend to spend more time reading posts than clicking buttons so why don't you give them interesting information they want to read? That's exactly what list building does. By sharing quality informative articles, videos and audio files over email, blog comments and social media channels, you attract prospects eager to receive your latest updates.
4) Use video marketing
Video Marketing is becoming increasingly important among Internet users especially since 2010 when YouTube went live. Video production companies are doing everything possible to ensure that consumers see advertisements only once. Therefore, businesses should take note that it might be difficult to compete against big corporations unless you develop creative strategies to reach customers.
One effective strategy would be to produce short informative videos explaining various aspects of a product or service you wish to provide. Posting them on social network websites like YouTube, Vimeo and Daily Motion increases traffic to your blog for further promotion.
5) Be active in discussion boards
Discussion boards are essentially message boards which allow two parties to communicate freely. Unlike blogs and tweets, discussions boards enable participants to voice out their opinions and questions before receiving answers. Some discussion board owners include advertising banners while some are totally advertisement free. However, the ones with no advertising feature require little or no maintenance unlike traditional business models.
So whether you run a small business or participate in affiliate marketing, you'd benefit greatly from joining discussion boards. Since these forums are built around specific topics, you won't waste much time searching for relevant conversations. A few examples of discussion boards are Yahoo Answers, Quora, Reddit, Warrior Forum and HubPages.
Apart from building a personal brand, developing new friendships and forging stronger bonds with existing friends, there is yet another reason why social networking tools are beneficial for earning extra cash. Here are four ways to make money online:
If you're looking for part time jobs working from home, freelancing is the answer. As an independent contractor, you decide the number of hours per day you wish to dedicate to your freelance job. You can either choose to complete tasks assigned by clients or work on projects solely designed by yourself.
As a general rule, the pay rate for freelancers varies according to experience and expertise. Most of the time, rates range between $10-$20/hour depending on project type. Generally speaking, hourly payment is better than fixed monthly fee.
When starting off, you might feel overwhelmed by the thought of managing multiple clients simultaneously. To overcome this feeling, try setting aside time slots during weekends or late evenings to focus exclusively on completing individual assignments.
2) Selling digital products
Digital goods are downloaded rather than physically purchased. Examples of digital products are software applications, ebook downloads, music tracks and movies. Instead of going door to door, selling physical products, you can opt to sell downloadable products. Digital products are often cheaper than physical products due to minimal overhead costs incurred.
To successfully launch your digital product venture, you must have strong communication skills coupled with technical competence. Apart from being able to explain the features and benefits of the product, you should also be confident enough to demonstrate its usage.
Once you've developed rapport with potential buyers, ask them to leave feedback regarding the purchase. Ask them if they found the product useful enough to recommend to friend or colleague. Also inquire if they intend to repeat the transaction next year. Any positive response warrants followup calls or emails reminding them to renew their commitment.
3) Become a virtual assistant
VAs are employed for administrative duties and light programming. Their responsibilities vary based on skill sets and availability. From answering phones, scheduling appointments, taking messages, data entry and graphic design, VA offers flexible employment options suited to every lifestyle. Depending on the size of company, salaries differ significantly.
While beginners generally begin with low wages ranging from $10-$15/hr, seasoned professionals command higher compensation packages averaging upwards of $25/hr. With proper training, qualifications and references, you become eligible for promotions to positions with bigger salary scales.
4) Earn money through surveys
Earn money by filling survey forms. Online survey panels recruit respondents willing to invest their spare time giving opinion on particular products and services. Surveyors are compensated for participation. Usually, panelists are given points for every correct answer. Points translate into monetary reward which ranges between $0.50-$200.
Participants are required to sign up for membership subscription charges. Surveys typically last less than 15 minutes although some might last longer depending on length and complexity of questions asked.
Another crucial step towards achieving lasting wealth is identifying profitable markets. Ideally, you ought to select a niche which you can dominate easily. After all, competition breeds fierce competitors. Besides, the average cost to convert leads or prospects into paying customers is expensive.
For instance, consider opening a restaurant specializing in Mexican cuisine. Unless you plan to expand operations nationwide, chances are your menu prices will remain relatively unchanged throughout the entire duration of ownership. On the contrary, if your goal is to build a global empire, launching your restaurant under a competitive umbrella is advisable. Similarly, affiliate marketing provides huge opportunity for entrepreneurs seeking quick profits.
However, to succeed in the highly competitive world of internet marketing requires patience and perseverance. While mastering marketing concepts can enable you to understand different approaches and tactics, you shouldn't disregard fundamental principles of running a business. Never forget the old saying "all roads lead to Rome" meaning all paths ultimately end at the same destination.
An obvious choice for someone wanting to make money immediately is direct deposit. Simply put, signing up to auto deposits saves considerable amount of time. Most banks charge a nominal monthly fee for maintaining customer accounts. Moreover, auto depositors never miss out on getting instant access to funds deposited.
On the downside, bank fees are costly compared to alternative methods of investing savings. Furthermore, interest earned on investments is tax deductible whereas most auto deposit providers levy hefty taxes on earnings. Nevertheless, opting for auto deposit is still advantageous considering lack of risk involved.
Many people prefer putting their money into stocks and shares. Yet, trading stock involves significant risks. Another option is mutual fund investment whereby investors pool together resources to purchase shares in a portfolio consisting of several firms. Mutual funds come with lower operating expenses than ordinary brokerage houses.
You've probably heard that making money online isn't easy, and it may be true in some cases -- but there are definitely a lot more opportunities than most people realize. In this article we'll outline several methods for earning income through the Internet. You just need to know where to look! I'm going to go over what I consider to be the top five ways to make money on the web right now, including both quick and longer term options. Afterward I will list my personal favorite method (and why) so that you have an idea of which one might work best for you. Let’s get started…
1.) Sell Your Own Products - If you want to start selling something related to yourself then this is a great place to begin. There are plenty of websites out there offering products that other users would love to buy. All you really need to do is create or source a product that others would pay good money for and sell it as part of an affiliate marketing program. The beauty here is that if someone does purchase it they're likely to recommend it to their friends and family on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. This means that you don't even necessarily need to worry about shipping items around because the customers have already done all of that legwork for you. Plus, since these types of programs allow affiliates to promote multiple products at once, the commissions tend to be much higher.
2.) Affiliate Marketing/Selling Other People’s Stuff – As mentioned above, when starting off on your own product sales website you should first try selling things created by somebody else. Even though creating your own product allows for customization it still tends to cost less up front than buying existing ones from companies with established brands. With affiliate marketing you basically sign up for a service such as Click Bank or Commission Junction and refer new visitors to merchants who use them. When those potential buyers click on links provided by the merchant and end up purchasing goods or services, you receive a commission based upon whatever terms were agreed upon between you and the company providing the product. Some popular examples include Amazon Associates and CJ Affiliates.
3.) Start A Blog & Make Money From Adsense And Sponsored Links – One of the quickest ways to make money online is simply to set up a blog using WordPress or Tumblr. Once you have content written (or outsourced), you can add ads into posts or pages to generate revenue via Google’s AdSense platform. Most blogs also feature sponsored links which appear alongside regular ad units. These links lead back to either the blogger’s site or another relevant location within the same network. For example, say you had a blog about traveling in Europe. Then if a user clicked on the link leading to travel tips they could potentially find themselves reading additional articles about destinations, hotels, etc. Within these categories you can often insert more advertisements allowing for greater clicks per impression. Many bloggers choose to monetize their sites in this manner while others opt to turn their sites into full fledged eCommerce stores. Either way, blogging has become extremely popular among many people looking to share their experiences, thoughts, opinions, and interests with readers. Of course, not everyone gets rich doing it, but anyone can certainly make decent side incomes without ever having to leave their homes.
4.) Online Surveys & Paid Testing Programs – Making extra cash online doesn't always require any special skills or equipment. Sometimes all you need is time and patience. That said, surveys and paid testing programs do require quite a bit of initiative. To qualify for certain survey panels, however, you must meet specific requirements which usually involve filling out extensive questionnaires. On the flipside, you won't actually earn anything until after the test results come in. Still, the rewards can range anywhere from $5-$250 depending on the type of test you take and whether or not you pass. Again, the key here is to keep track of which tests interest you the most and focus your efforts on taking those particular ones.
5.) Get Started Freelancing Via Fiverr Or Elance – Just like real life freelance jobs, online gigs vary greatly in terms of difficulty level, compensation, and deadline expectations. Generally speaking, prices tend to increase as projects grow larger and scope expands. Typically, freelancers submit bids to various clients outlining rates and proposals. Clients review each bid individually before selecting the cheapest option. Since competition is stiffer due to lower barriers to entry, the quality of work can suffer. However, if you stick to well known marketplaces like Fiverr and Elance you shouldn’t have too big problem landing gigs. Additionally, the amount of control you retain varies widely from vendor to vendor. Regardless of whether or not you ultimately succeed, the experience itself can help cultivate future business relationships. So long as you remain professional and polite throughout the process, you should never have problems securing contracts.
6.) Become An eBay Power Seller – Selling stuff on eBay is relatively simple considering how large the marketplace is. Basically, you only need to register and fill out basic information describing what you plan to offer. Then you upload photos and write descriptions explaining features and benefits of your merchandise. Next, you select the price points you wish to charge for auctions ending during peak hours. Finally, you determine how quickly you expect to ship items. Depending on your niche, the final outcome can literally bring in thousands of dollars every month. Although it takes dedication and hard work, power sellers typically get rewarded for their success.
7.) Find Productive Niche Markets – Choosing a profitable topic area is essential for generating consistent revenues. Luckily, forums exist everywhere across the Web that cater to almost any subject under the sun. Not sure exactly where to start? Simply search "forum" followed by the name of the topic you'd like to explore. Also, check out Reddit communities dedicated to topics that appeal to you. Last but not least, join discussion groups at places like Meetup.com. Here you can discover local events and discussion boards relating to your interests. By joining active discussions you can learn about current trends faster than passively browsing.
8.) Create Content Related To Popular Topics – Another effective strategy for making money online involves writing about hot trending subjects. Writing about popular topics provides two distinct advantages: 1.) You gain instant credibility because you're seen as an expert 2.) Because people care about the latest news, your comments frequently rise above the noise of everyday chatter. Moreover, you can easily leverage keyword searches to drive traffic to your original posts. Try typing "blog post" into YouTube’s advanced search bar. Chances are you'll see dozens of videos uploaded recently featuring similar keywords. Now imagine what happens when you combine keyword searching with high volume posting.
9.) Join Social Media Networks & Be Active – Today, social networks provide huge resources for connecting with others. Consider using LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, and Twitter to communicate with potential partners, employees, investors, and other interested parties. Remember that networking is crucial when trying to expand your reach. Asking questions and getting involved in conversations helps build trust and authority as well as attract followers. Furthermore, sharing interesting tidbits about yourself creates positive buzz and attracts attention from strangers. Don't forget to follow industry leaders, experts, and thought leaders. They serve as excellent references for building connections and driving traffic to your page.
10.) Build Up A List Of Subscribers – If you enjoy giving away freebies then developing a mailing list is an obvious path towards passive income. Building lists requires maintaining consistency regarding communication and frequency. Whenever possible, send emails containing useful or entertaining material. Always remember that subscribers generally appreciate being treated as valued members rather than objects of spam. While emailing works better than text messages, you can also encourage prospective customers to subscribe by sending coupons redeemable against purchases made elsewhere.
11.) Offer Free Trials / Giveaways – Offering free trials and giveaways increases brand awareness and loyalty. Often times consumers feel obligated to give a company their money despite past negative experiences thus increasing overall profits. At the very least, running promotions gives competitors incentive to improve their offerings. On the other hand, this tactic also lets you showcase unique offers, products, and services that no one else possesses. Promotions can also boost SEO ranking and encourage repeat visits. Keep in mind that the goal of promoting a product is to convert prospects into paying customers. Therefore, you should only run promotional campaigns that align with your goals. Otherwise, all of your efforts will seem futile.
12.) Use Video Sharing Sites Like YouTube & Vimeo – Creating short video clips is easier than ever thanks to tools like iMovie, Camtasia Studio, Jing, Screencast-O-Matic, Explaindio, OBS, Blender, and Animoto. Unlike traditional commercials, viral videos often spread rapidly across the Internet because they contain valuable information that viewers absolutely cannot miss. Videos can cover virtually everything imaginable ranging from recipes to tutorials to humorous skits. Using platforms like YouTube and Vimeo makes uploading clips simple enough for amateurs yet powerful enough for professionals. As far as actual earnings goes, you should aim to produce approximately three to four unique clips per week. After producing numerous videos, you can then repurpose them for maximum effect.
There is no doubt that making money on the Internet has become very popular these days. Millions of people around the world want to know what they could do to start earning an income online, and there are plenty of options available for those who decide to take action. With so many opportunities out there it may be difficult to find one or two that will work well for them. Here are 10 great tips for anyone looking to get started in this exciting field.
First off if you're new to the Internet then check out our beginners guide to starting an internet business for more information on how to begin building an online empire! If you've decided that you'd like to learn more here are just a few things to remember when trying to make extra money online (or any other time):
1) Find something you love doing - The best way to approach anything is by focusing on what interests you most. You'll enjoy what you're doing much better than someone who tries to force themselves into areas that don't really interest them. Think carefully before choosing whatever area you wish to focus on as it should match up with your life goals and values. A hobby would also be suitable for this purpose, however if you already have a job which pays enough you might not need another source of income at present. Remember hobbies require less commitment and discipline than businesses, so if you feel you aren't ready yet to give up your current lifestyle then stick with what you currently do until you are ready to move forward.
2) Focus on creating value first - Most people try and sell products without putting any thought into why their customers actually want to buy said product. They simply think "I'm going to create a website/blog/product and hope that people will come", and while this certainly works sometimes, the majority of times it won't. You must always ask yourself "what kind of value does my customer receive from me"? This question needs to be answered correctly beforehand otherwise you risk wasting everyone's time by delivering substandard services. In order to provide quality service you must offer solutions to problems. Once you understand exactly what problem your client faces and how your solution solves it, only then should you consider offering your product(s). By asking yourself this simple question first, you will avoid wasting countless hours working on useless projects and ultimately increase profits.
3) Keep track of everything - As mentioned above, when you're focused on providing real value rather than solely selling products, keeping track of everything becomes easier. There are numerous tools such as Google Analytics, Hotmail support center etc., which allow you to monitor statistics regarding your websites performance, traffic levels, click through rates etc. These reports are invaluable because they tell you whether your efforts are paying dividends or not, allowing you to adjust accordingly. For instance if you notice visitors are leaving quickly after reading your content once, perhaps the topic was too broad for them and it's worth narrowing down your subject matter further next time. Don't forget to keep logs of every event that occurs on your site including links clicked within emails sent via autoresponders and even general visitor feedback left under comments sections. This allows you to improve your site regularly.
4) Be patient & persistent - Just because you read an article about how easy it is to set up your own profitable blog doesn't mean that you should rush straight ahead. Even though blogging isn't hard it takes a lot of skills and experience to run one properly, hence you shouldn't expect results overnight. Many bloggers fail to see success due to improper planning and lack of persistence. Take your time to plan each step thoroughly and patiently, and never lose sight of your original goal in mind.
5) Never stop learning - Knowledge is power, so you must constantly seek knowledge whenever possible. Read blogs and articles written by experts in the niche market where you intend to operate. Learn from others mistakes and successes. Always strive to grow smarter, wiser and richer. After all, nothing stays constant forever, so be prepared to adapt and evolve along with changing trends. Also, sign up for newsletters and free eBooks about the industry you choose to enter, as well as attend seminars and workshops. You'll soon gain valuable insights into running successful campaigns and increase awareness of relevant issues that affect your bottom line.
6) Stay positive - When faced with challenges, setbacks and obstacles it's important to remain optimistic and stay upbeat. Allowing negative thoughts to consume your energy will inevitably lead to failure, whilst remaining confident in your abilities and drive towards achieving your dreams will help propel you forwards. Try and surround yourself with supportive friends, family members and colleagues. Positive thinking attracts similar energies, so being surrounded by negativity will eventually bring about its opposite. Therefore if you haven't been able to achieve something lately, spend more time surrounding yourself with positivity instead.
7) Set realistic expectations - Setting unrealistic targets and deadlines will cause unnecessary stress and anxiety, thus preventing progress towards reaching your objectives. Before committing to any project, research thoroughly to fully comprehend the requirements and responsibilities involved. Make sure you select a manageable task that realistically fits your budget and schedule. Otherwise you may end up overwhelmed by tasks beyond your reach, causing stress and affecting productivity.
8) Use marketing strategies - Marketing is essential to generating revenue regardless of what type of business model you use. To succeed online you must promote your brand effectively using various forms of media. This includes writing informative articles, submitting press releases, setting up social networking profiles, writing short ebooks and publishing videos. However, please note that marketing alone cannot guarantee sales. Without proper planning and strategy, certain methods will be unsuccessful thus reducing returns. Research and develop effective plans tailored specifically to your target audience to ensure maximum potential profit.
9) Provide excellent customer service - Providing exceptional service goes hand in hand with marketing your brand successfully. Whether you're offline or online, giving outstanding customer service will go far in gaining loyal followers and retaining existing ones. Good manners and courtesy will win over hearts faster than any flashy advertisements ever could, therefore treat your clients kindly and respectfully. Remember that happy clients often refer their friends and families to your service, so act upon recommendations given and nurture long lasting relationships.
10) Have fun - Making money online is supposed to be enjoyable right? Well yes...and no! Of course having fun is vital in ensuring longevity in this career path especially since you're probably spending longer away from loved ones. But you mustn't let excitement cloud your judgement, or else you may end up losing control of events which could potentially harm your reputation. So relax and don't worry so much! Just follow your instincts on what feels comfortable to you. Ultimately the journey itself is half the adventure, and you'll surely reap rewards later on.
These were just a couple of quick suggestions for people wanting to jumpstart their careers in the world of web entrepreneurship. Hopefully now you have a clearer idea of what you can do to make money online. Please share your experiences and opinions with us in the comments section below, we would love to hear from you.
Become CEO of your own lead generation software company, just follow our battle-tested guidelines and rake in the profits.