With so many people struggling to find jobs, it’s no wonder that a lot of them have turned to working from their homes and making money through various means like freelancing or selling digital products. But what if we told you there was one way to make money online without any experience required whatsoever? That’s right — you could earn an income just by using Facebook!
The thing is, this isn't some kind of joke. There really are companies out there who will pay you for active memberships on social media platforms like Instagram or Twitter. The trick is knowing where to look and then having the patience to wait till those companies notice you. And when they do, here’s everything you need to know about getting paid.
So let’s start off with something simple...
First things first, you should be aware of what type of content works best on social media sites like LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok, Reddit, Instagram, etc., as well as which channels generate higher commissions for advertisers. You also need to understand what makes up “social proof,” i.e. why most brands choose influencers over regular users. Once you learn more about these topics, you'll be able to identify opportunities worth pursuing.
Once you've done that, use free tools available on different websites to research potential job markets and industries. This includes looking into local communities (LinkedIn), popular hashtags (#MLM) related to your niche market, trending keywords, and even specific niches within certain industries. Then reach out to relevant accounts on social media and ask if they're interested in hiring someone new. From there, follow their lead and see how far you go. If nothing else, you may end up meeting other passionate entrepreneurs along the way.
If you want to save time, try visiting social media marketing agencies that specialize in helping budding creators launch successful campaigns on behalf of major brands. Also check out our list of essential social media management apps every creator needs.
One of the easiest ways to make money fast is by becoming an affiliate marketer. Affiliates don't actually sell anything themselves — instead, they refer others to products and services they believe would help them improve their lives. In exchange, affiliates receive commission payments based on sales generated from referrals brought in by them.
While it might seem daunting at first, creating a website filled with quality information on a topic you love doing is the key to success. Next, consider hosting giveaways and promotions on platforms such as YouTube or Twitch to bring targeted traffic back to your site. Finally, promote deals and offers via email newsletters and promotional materials sent to subscribers. Don't forget to add links to your newsletter signup page on your website.
Other ways to make quick cash include being a freelance writer, blogger, video editor, data analyst, virtual assistant, voice actor, web designer, programmer, graphic/web artist, photographer, app developer, personal finance expert, teacher, tutor, life coach, consultant, speaker, product reviewer, researcher, SEO specialist, translator, copywriter, journalist, ghostwriter, entrepreneur, ecommerce store owner, manager, book publisher, podcaster, and much more.
Also keep in mind that you don’t necessarily need a degree in any particular subject to pursue careers in fields like IT, healthcare, fitness, education, music recording, software development, writing, teaching, engineering, and architecture. All you need is passion, creativity, and initiative.
As mentioned earlier, another effective method to earning extra income quickly is by promoting deals and special offers via emails. To speed up the process, you can create landing pages designed specifically for each campaign, offering readers incentives to click on links leading to your offer. On top of that, you can leverage tools like Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and Market Hero to set up autoresponder messages, postcards, flyers, and more.
And speaking of tools, here are several ones you can use to automate your posts and build credibility, trustworthiness, and visibility for yourself on social media:
Hootsuite - Allows you to schedule updates across multiple social media platforms simultaneously.
Buffer - Enables you to manage multiple social profiles at once while automating repetitive tasks.
Social Oomph - Helps you discover high engagement content among your followers.
Drip - Automatically posts engaging quotes, videos, images, blog entries, and podcasts to audiences.
Vero - A tool used to curate stories, photos, and videos shared by friends and family.
TikTok - An easy-to-use platform for building and managing an audience.
Reddit - Offers an extensive library of resources, including subreddits, discussions, comments, and tags.
Pinterest - Has become extremely useful for marketers thanks to its visual nature.
Instagram - A great place to showcase professional photography skills.
Nowadays, everyone seems to be searching for a side hustle that allows them to work remotely. For instance, remote workers now spend hours per day browsing job boards, applying for positions, interviewing, negotiating salary packages, and receiving feedback. So what does this mean for you? Well, it simply shows that there’s plenty of room for anyone willing to put forth enough effort and drive.
Another option to consider is starting your own business and focusing on areas that require little training and skill sets. According to CNBC, 80 percent of Americans say they'd prefer a part-time gig rather than full-time employment, meaning entrepreneurship is likely going to continue growing in popularity.
There are lots of ways to turn your passions into profits. Here are a few examples:
Become a virtual assistant. While VA responsibilities vary depending on the individual case, general duties include supporting clients in completing projects assigned by superiors, answering calls, sending texts, researching, scheduling meetings, creating spreadsheets, typing reports, and transcribing audio files. Depending on your area of expertise and background, you can charge anywhere between $10-$20 hourly.
Start a podcast. Podcasting has grown incredibly popular over recent years. With millions of listeners tuning in daily, it’s possible to earn decent revenue from royalties alone. However, before jumping straight into this career path, you should think about whether you’re ready to take on the responsibility and commitment associated with running a show. If not, consider trying your hand at blogging first.
Create informational products. Creating informative products requires deep knowledge of a specific subject matter. If you possess unique insight into a given field, sharing it with others can potentially allow you to profit handsomely down the road. Consider expanding upon a hobby or interest you already enjoy or invest in learning additional material pertaining to said topic. Afterwards, approach bloggers and journalists to discuss your ideas and pitch story concepts.
Write books. Writing books doesn’t only entail penning literary masterpieces; it’s also a viable source of passive income. Whether you opt to self publish or hire a publishing company, a book written by you provides ample opportunity to share your thoughts, opinions, experiences, and insights with potential customers. As long as the contents aren’t overly commercialized, you can expect to gain traction among readers. Plus, since consumers tend to read books because of their cover art, investing in a nice graphics package can potentially increase conversions.
Blogging. Blogging involves posting regularly updated articles on topics related to your interests. Although the initial setup costs can range anywhere from hundreds to thousands of dollars, ongoing expenses are minimal. Not only that, but blogs provide you with the ability to monetize your writings by displaying ads alongside your articles. Additionally, you can partner with third parties to boost ad revenues.
Sell crafts. Selling handmade goods is one of the quickest methods to start generating passive income. Start small and gradually expand your offerings later on. Craft fairs, flea markets, garage sales, consignment shops, and similar venues often host events throughout the year. Other places to begin selling your creations include Etsy, eBay, Amazon Handmade, Cafepress, Society6, Moonpig, Redbubble, Teespring, Threadless Tuts+, Merch By Amazon, Zazzle, Cafe Press, Printfection, PixelsArt Studio, Vinted, and Glyde.
Make jewelry. Jewelry design and production is a lucrative venture for independent artists. Design students, professionals, and amateurs alike can easily break into this industry. Moreover, you can operate on a shoestring budget if you’d rather skip pricey equipment purchases. Popular options include buying beads, crystals, pearls, silver plated wire, gold plate wire, etc. online, or purchasing loose stones and setting them aside until needed. Afterward, arrange a meet-and-greet session with a jeweler to ensure proper fitment.
Earn income passively with stocks. Stocks represent ownership shares in publicly traded corporations. When trading stocks, you essentially buy pieces of real estate called stock certificates. Since stocks fluctuate according to supply and demand, it takes a bit longer to recuperate losses incurred. Nevertheless, dividends received periodically after the purchase of shares compensate investors for putting faith in the company and giving it permission to retain earnings for future growth.
Every year, people ask themselves this question — "how do I earn more cash?" The answer is simple, but not easy to execute — it requires a lot of hard work and dedication. The fact that many people fail at what seems like so straightforward an endeavor indicates just how difficult it really is!
The good news is there are several ways for anyone to start earning money online. Whether you want to invest some time or have a little extra free time on your hands, here are 28 different ways how you can make money online in 2021.
1. Sell unwanted items online. You can sell anything online if you find someone who wants them. There are tons of sites where you can list things you don't need anymore. For example, if you're looking to buy something new, try going through eBay auctions. If you prefer shopping locally, look into Craigslist ads. Just remember to be as detailed as possible when describing your item(s).
2. Become a freelancer. Freelancing allows individuals to offer their services to others without being bound by contracts. Depending on your skillset, you could create content for other websites or businesses. To become a freelance writer, check out these top resources to learn everything you need to know.
3. Start selling products for Amazon FBA sellers. Selling products using Amazon Fulfillment By Air (FBA) lets entrepreneurs ship their goods directly to customer addresses via planes instead of trucks. This means that they won’t incur shipping fees plus they will save thousands of dollars per shipment.
4. Get paid to take surveys. Many companies regularly conduct market research studies. They pay consumers to participate in such surveys because it helps them understand their target audience better. In exchange for participating, you'll receive compensation ranging anywhere between $5-$75 depending on the study. Sign up on survey panels websites to join multiple surveys every month.
5. Write blog posts for big platforms. While writing blogs might seem intimidating, consider outsourcing it to ghostwriters. Hiring professional writers saves both time and energy. As long as you provide accurate information, bloggers can focus on creating fresh new content.
6. Earn passive income from affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketers promote other peoples' stuff online while getting a commission each time one of those sales occurs. A great way to begin learning affiliate marketing is to sign up for ClickBank marketplace. Once you've completed your profile, search for relevant programs based on your interests. Then pick a product category you'd love to share with potential buyers. Finally, choose one specific program within that category. That's right -- don't go overboard. Focus only on one particular niche.
7. Create podcasts. Creating videos isn't enough nowadays. People crave high quality audio recordings which is why podcasting has been increasing in popularity over the past few years. With that said, you don't even necessarily need any special equipment to record yourself talking. Simply use an app called Anchor. After recording, upload your voice files onto hosting service providers. Donate whatever your hearts desire to support the cause.
8. Be a virtual assistant. Being a VA involves helping clients complete tasks related to project management, bookkeeping, data entry, etc. However, before becoming a VA, ensure that you possess strong communication skills and technical expertise.
9. Offer consulting services. Consulting services help business owners solve problems relating to finance, accounting, human capital development, operations, strategic planning, etc. Businesses often hire consultants to manage their day-to-day activities. Although you may not always charge hourly rates, it doesn't mean that you cannot earn additional revenue.
10. Find side gigs. Side gig opportunities include teaching classes, tutoring students, offering webinars, giving speeches, answering questions on forums, reviewing books/movies, designing website logos, providing quotes, translating documents, etc.
11. Deliver groceries and packages. Delivery drivers mainly rely on apps like Postmates, Instacart, UberEats, DoorDash, etc., to deliver food orders to customers. Drivers also typically spend hours outside during peak times and weekends. Therefore, having flexible working hours would definitely increase your chances of delivering successfully.
12. Use YouTube for advertising purposes. Since 2017, brands have started spending millions of dollars on influencer marketing campaigns. One popular strategy is running commercials on YouTube channels belonging to influencers in your industry. Additionally, digital advertisers commonly utilize the platform's built-in tools to track reach, engagement, comments, views, subscribers, likes, shares, etc.
13. Rent out space. If you own unused property then renting it out could potentially bring in higher returns than letting it stand idle. On average, landlords usually keep around 70% of rent payments after paying expenses. But you can still negotiate and maximize your earnings.
14. Buy used stuff online. Looking to purchase used items online? Try listing them on classified ad sites like Gumtree, Kijiji, ClassifiedAdz, Craiglist, TradeMe, Facebook Marketplace, Nextdoor, etc. Advertisements should clearly state whether the item needs repair or cleaning first. Otherwise, users may think that you're trying to scam them. Also, avoid posting advertisements near bathrooms since people tend to stay away from them.
15. Host events. Event hosts organize parties, galas, receptions, weddings, conferences, birthdays, reunions, baby showers, dinner meetings, etc. Typically, event planners expect to earn 20%-30% commissions off catering costs.
16. Learn photography skills. Photography enthusiasts can build confidence by taking pictures of objects, landscapes, animals, celebrities, friends, family members, pets, nature, etc. Using Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, iPhoto, Aperture, Photoscape, CaptureOne, Aviary, Pixlr, Photopea, etc., photographers can edit images digitally. Other useful tips involve knowing proper lighting techniques, understanding composition principles, mastering color theory, selecting suitable camera models, etc.
17. Take part in microjobs. Microjobs are short internet tasks that require no experience whatsoever. You simply submit a form stating that you accept the job. Companies post various types of microjob assignments including filling forms, transcribing conversations, proofreading articles, editing photos, checking grammar, summarizing text, updating databases, etc. Most of these jobs pay less than $20.
18. Start an eCommerce store. Ecommerce stores allow people to buy physical and digital merchandise online. If you already possess the necessary knowledge pertaining to starting one, then you can open shops on major marketplaces like Etsy, Poshmark, Wish, BigCartel, Redbubble, Zibbet, Shopify, etc.
19. Build a membership site. Building a subscription club provides access to premium materials and services. Subscribers can enjoy discounts, bonuses, early bird deals, weekly newsletters, private coaching sessions, access to exclusive training courses, etc.
20. Run a mobile game. Mobile games aren't dead yet. According to Statista, 48% of Americans play video games. Furthermore, almost 80% of gamers play games on Android devices. So, building a successful game takes a bit of creativity. Follow our guide detailing how to launch a successful iOS game.
21. Blog consistently. Having a blog gives you the opportunity to express your unique thoughts and opinions. Plus, blogging helps improve SEO rankings, attract visitors, gain authority status, establish credibility, generate leads, boost conversions, brand awareness, etc.
22. Make infographics. Infographic designers can produce colorful graphics depicting complicated concepts. Clients mostly request infographics to inform their audiences regarding certain topics. Besides, infographics also serve as promotional tools to advertise products and services.
23. Give talks. Giving lectures or presentations helps educate people about your field of interest. Speaking engagements vary in duration. Some last for days while others last for weeks. Regardless of how long your speech lasts, you can easily set up a Zoom call beforehand.
24. Translate documents. Translation experts primarily translate written material from English to another language. If you speak two languages fluently, then translation could prove lucrative for you.
25. Design logo designs. Logo design encompasses numerous fields including graphic design, typography, illustration, icon design, branding, illustration, identity design, packaging design, signage design, brochures, posters, banners, etc.
26. Edit videos. Editing visuals on computers is relatively easier compared to editing footage shot on cameras. Video editors can perform basic edits like cropping, cutting, merging clips, trimming footage, adding transitions, changing speeds, replacing background music, etc.
27. Work remotely. Working remotely allows employees to maintain healthy work-life balance. Remote workers can concentrate solely on completing assigned projects. Unfortunately, remote positions come with lower salaries due to reduced perks.
28. Start an Airbnb host. Airbnb hosts provide guests with accommodation options while sharing experiences. Airbnb offers homeowners the chance to monetize their spare rooms or entire homes. Users can either rent out their properties privately or lease them out to tourists for short periods of time.
Making a living is tough, especially if you're trying to work full time while taking care of kids and pets or just have other commitments that keep getting in the way.
But what happens when COVID-19 has forced everyone indoors for months on end, which means we need more than ever to be self-sufficient financially? How else are people making money now? Here are some big ways where you might want to look into this year.
1. Sell old stuff on Facebook Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace isn't exactly new anymore — it launched back in 2013 as "Local" — but it's still one of the easiest places to sell things around. You don't even need anything fancy like an itemized listing, so there aren't any shipping fees either (though sellers will pay PayPal fees). Best part is that buyers get to interact directly through Messenger. Yes, you read that right.
2. Sell used items at thrift stores
Donate Used Goods lets you list everything from books to furniture to electronics at popular local thrift shops across the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Australia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Russia, Ukraine, India, China, Brazil, South Africa, Japan, Korea, Argentina, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Suriname, Guyana, Colombia, Venezuela, Cuba, Turkey, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Ghana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Libya, Mauritania, Madagascar, Egypt, Malawi, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan, Mongolia, Myanmar, Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Israel, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kirghizia, Tuva, Kazahkstan, North Korea, Crimea, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova, Monaco, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Albania, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Malta, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States of Micronesia, Palau, Kosovo, Vatican City State, St. Kitts & Nevis, Cayman Islands, Bermuda, Turks & Caicos Islands, Montserrat, British Virgin Islands, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Dominica, Grenada, Saint Lucia, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Turkey, Cyprus, Tonga, Samoa, Antarctica, Belize, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, The Bahamas, Grenada, Guam, Sao Tome & Principe, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Mayotte, French Polynesia, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Somalia, Seychelles, Chad, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Réunion Island, São Tomé & Príncipe, Equatorial Guinea, Togo, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, East Timor, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Nauru, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Madagascar, Swami Vivekananda Airport code country, Anguilla, American Samoa, Aruba, Ascension Island, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bonaire, Caribbean Sea islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Cocos Islands, Cook Islands, Diego Garcia, Dominica, Espírito Santo, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Gran Canaria, Guernsey, Heard Island & Mcdonald Islots, Jersey, Los Angeles, Macao, Madeira, Marsais, Martinique, Melanesia, Midway Atoll, Newfoundland, Norfolk Archipelago, Northern Mariana Isls., Nyasaland, Pakistan, Pitcairn, Reunion Island, San Blas Islands, Santa Cruz de la Serós, Santiago del Estero, Saint Helena, Sicily, Sloveakia, Socotra, South Sandwich Islands, Tahiti, Tangier, Teheran, Tristan da Cunha, Turks & Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Western Sahara, Île Amsterdam, Île du Salut, Yap, Zanzibar.
3. Make extra cash selling photos and videos
You probably already know that you can earn $20 per hour by freelancing via platforms like Fiverr, Upwork, and Freelancer, but did you also know these sites typically take up to 70 percent commission off the top? If you've got skills that others could use -- such as photography or videography -- why not offer your services instead? This option offers much higher earnings potential since you'll only receive payment once someone purchases something from you.
4. Take surveys
Online surveys are another great way to make extra income during this pandemic lockdown period. There are many reputable survey companies out there offering easy signup processes, quick payments, and sometimes free products too. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. Some survey panels may require you to download apps before they start sending invitations, though. Once you begin receiving them, simply follow instructions and answer questions honestly. Most panelists are paid between $5-$15 per completed questionnaire, depending on the company. For example, Global Test Market pays its participants $10-$25 each month based on their answers to various surveys.
5. Get paid to shop
If you love shopping, then this freelance gig opportunity might be perfect for you. Earn Money Shopping gives shoppers the chance to review different retailers' products and write reviews about them. When you register, you fill out a brief survey and watch short product demos using your smartphone camera, after which you submit honest feedback about the product. Then, you receive compensation based on the following criteria: number of views/clicks, whether you purchased the item, how helpful was your review, etc. Earning potential varies greatly among reviewers, but expect to receive anywhere from $0.01 - $100 per video review.
6. Deliver groceries
Delivering fresh food to customers is nothing new, but you could see yourself doing it almost every day now thanks to Amazon Fresh. Just go to the website, select your delivery area, choose your preferred grocery type, add items to cart, check out, schedule pick-up date and time, and wait for orders! Your first order usually comes with a small bonus.
7. Be a virtual assistant
The current situation requires us spend more time inside our homes, keeping ourselves isolated from friends and family. But there are plenty of opportunities to help those who need assistance. Virtual assistants provide administrative support and personal assistance remotely. These tasks include answering calls, scheduling appointments, setting meetings, booking flights, and managing calendars. Depending on your experience level, most gigs are suitable for both entry-level workers and experts. Popularity rates vary widely because demand exceeds supply, but you can make upwards of $35 per hour.
8. Start your own blog
Blogging is one of the best ways to monetize your passion and talent. Blogging allows anyone with good writing skills, knowledge, and expertise to create content easily. After creating an account, you can set up a professional looking site within minutes. While blogging doesn't necessarily require a lot of technical skill, it does involve research and planning. Beginners should consider learning basic HTML coding, WordPress platform, SEO techniques, social media marketing, etc. As long as you produce quality content consistently, you can generate passive income.
9. Become a data analyst
Data analysts analyze large sets of information and present reports to clients. They often possess strong mathematical skills. Data analysts typically have bachelor degrees in mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, programming, or similar fields. Many employers hire graduates straight out of college. Salary depends largely on education and experience level. According to Glassdoor, a typical salary of a senior business intelligence analyst ranges from $82K to $139K annually. A junior position usually pays between $53K to $74K. On the other hand, mid-career salaries range from $81K to $154K, whereas senior positions pull down $106K to $163K.
10. Create digital art
Become CEO of your own lead generation software company, just follow our battle-tested guidelines and rake in the profits.