If you're looking for ways to make a little extra spending cash, consider these paid-instantly apps and websites that offer quick returns on your investment time or effort.
We'll cover everything from paying people back with cash (or gift cards) right after they do their chores, to getting paid for walking around your house. And if you want more ideas, check out our list of other great apps that pay you real money here.
The following post was written by Donna Svei, content creator at The Simple Dollar. You can follow her on Twitter @donnsaveit and join her email newsletter on TheSimpleDollar.com.
For those who are struggling financially, it's often difficult to find good short-term options for making extra income. With this said, there are some great apps available that allow users to receive immediate benefits, whether through direct deposit or as a one-time payment. Here's just a few worth checking out.
Paying people back with cash instead of favors is an increasingly popular way to handle small expenses when someone needs help around the home. In fact, companies have been using this method for years — think about how many times you've helped a friend move by giving them a ride across town or offering up your spare bedroom. Instead of doing favors for friends and family members, why not use technology to automate the process so everyone wins?
One such company called Homejoy allows customers to schedule cleaning services online via its website or mobile application. When homeowners need help washing dishes, vacuuming or organizing clutter, they simply book a service through the site or app using filters based on price range and location. Customers then get notifications once their request has been scheduled, along with reminders before arrival. Afterward, homeowners review satisfaction surveys posted directly on each job page to rate cleaners' performance. If satisfied, they may choose to hire them again. Homeowners also earn rewards points every time they complete a task.
Homejoy charges a flat fee of $99 per month ($9/hour), which includes unlimited scheduling of all future jobs throughout the year. For example, if you decide to keep the cleaner working weekly at your home over the weekend rather than hiring another person for Saturday morning cleanings, you would only be charged for seven hours of work. While any additional work must still be done during business hours, Homejoy makes it easy to set aside block of time on weekends and weeknights.
Another option is Maven, which offers similar features but uses different methods for tracking payments. Its "pay me" button appears next to completed tasks in order to track requests. Once confirmed, clients receive text messages containing links to access payment pages where they can enter credit card information. Clients also earn loyalty bonuses for completing certain numbers of monthly tasks.
Users can also select specific types of jobs within the app, including pet sitting, moving furniture, grocery shopping, deep cleaning and landscaping. All transactions are processed through PayPal. A variety of insurance policies are offered through Maven, allowing consumers to add coverage to existing plans without having to fill out new paperwork.
Maven takes 10 percent off the top of each transaction, plus 15 cents per hour worked beyond 40 hours per month. It also provides free pickup services, 24/7 support and emergency assistance. Monthly subscriptions start at $30 per month.
Many parents struggle to meet financial obligations while juggling multiple responsibilities. One way to ease the burden is through Borrowlenses, which connects borrowers with lenders willing to lend instant loans ranging between $100-$500. Users visit the website or download the smartphone app to search listings, read detailed descriptions, view photos, compare interest rates and apply for financing.
Once approved, borrowers receive funds electronically into their bank account within 48 hours. They can spend the money however they'd prefer, though they cannot exceed loan terms agreed upon between lender and borrower. Loans typically last two weeks, although some lenders offer longer repayment schedules. Interest rates vary depending on personal credit history and current debt load.
Borrowlenses currently partners with several major banks, lending institutions and credit unions, providing competitively priced products with flexible terms. Some require no collateral upfront, others ask for proof of employment and identity. To learn more about borrowing through Borrowlenses, click here.
While most apps focus on helping users earn large sums of money quickly, other apps provide smaller amounts of money almost immediately. Rather than waiting days or even weeks for a paycheck, some employers now let workers withdraw small chunks of cash straight from their accounts.
This type of program helps employees manage their finances better and avoid late fees and overdrafts. There are numerous companies that participate in what's known as electronic disbursement networks (EDN). Simply put, EDNs connect businesses with payroll providers to facilitate automated transfers of employee wages to customer bank accounts. Many EDNs charge a percentage of the amount transferred, usually 3-5%, whereas others charge nothing. Fees associated with withdrawing funds differ from provider to provider.
Here are three examples of EDN platforms that allow workers to take advantage of this convenient feature:
PayPal Cash Advance gives people fast access to small amounts of money. It doesn't matter if you live near a store, have a debit card or carry cash -- anyone with a verified PayPal balance can apply for a prepaid MasterCard debit card loaded with money, anywhere Visa debit cards don't go. The card itself requires a PIN number, but since it's linked to your PayPal balance, you won't need identification. No checks or paper statements required!
Withdrawing funds isn't limited to locations close to stores either. People living outside cities can opt to draw money from ATM machines located inside Walmarts nationwide. Just walk up to the machine, swipe your debit card and voila - you've withdrawn cash. This convenience saves customers trips to local branches, saving both gas and time spent standing in long lines.
Also, because withdrawals occur immediately, patrons aren't tempted to spend the money elsewhere. At Starbucks alone, thousands of Americans regularly use this perk. However, people should know that cash advances come with risks. Not only could people end up owing more money later, but some states limit how much money can actually be withdrawn, especially in cases involving fraud or identity theft. As always, individuals should consult with a licensed professional before taking out a payday advance.
Survey sites like Swagbucks.com and Toluna.co.uk allow users to sign up for surveys that reward points redeemable for gift cards and merchandise. Points accumulate automatically according to user activity, and surveys generally run twice weekly. Earned points appear on your profile page where they remain until used.
Swagbucks sends eGift Cards to users after accumulating 500 points, while Tolunas send physical mailers filled with coupons. Both sites partner with retail brands like Macy's, Target, Best Buy and Sephora to deliver incentives. Gift cards expire after six months unless redeemed sooner.
To see what kinds of surveys you qualify for, try signing up for a free trial membership and browsing the various opportunities available. Most survey panels require basic demographic info, such as age, gender, marital status, education level, occupation and travel preferences. Beyond answering questions, you might occasionally watch advertisements or videos.
Although there are lots of survey panels out there, finding a lucrative panel depends largely on your geographic area. Also, some sites require referrals from existing memberships in exchange for compensation. Thus, joining more than one panel simultaneously is advisable. Finally, remember that surveys do involve risk. Though rare, sometimes researchers fail to disclose conflicts of interests resulting in inaccurate data. So, although surveys are fun and rewarding, they shouldn't replace stable sources of income.
There are so many ways to make extra income, but it's not always easy knowing which ones work and how quickly they can send you some cold hard cash.
If you're looking for apps with instant payout options, here are three types you might be interested in (and one type you probably shouldn't bother trying).
Surveys aren’t exactly known as being lucrative sources of quick cash, especially if you don't qualify for PayPal or other payment methods. However, there are still several legitimate sites where you can fill them out and get paid immediately. You just have to know what those sites are.
The first step is finding an online panel provider — these companies recruit members from all over the world, making their panels more representative than any particular geographic area would normally allow. They also provide tools that help you track your responses and qualification rates. Once you sign up, you'll receive emails about new surveys based on your profile info. Each email will include links to take specific surveys, along with information regarding qualifications per each survey. Some may require previous experience while others only ask for basic knowledge.
You should keep in mind that since this process involves filling out surveys, you won't see much reward money until after you complete at least 10-30 surveys. Typically, your earnings range between $3-$15/survey depending on the amount required, though sometimes you could earn even more by completing multiple surveys at once. And yes, you can actually cash out right away using PayPal!
As long as you meet certain requirements, you can qualify to join Survey Junkie through its affiliate program. This allows you to access higher paying surveys without having to worry about qualifying yourself every time. For example, when I signed up last year, my average monthly earnings were around $10-$20. It was definitely nowhere near enough to quit my day job, but I knew it was worth keeping it running because I wanted to try the service anyway. Now, almost a year later, I'm earning at least twice as much per month. If you want to do something similar, check out our guide detailing how to start getting paid today with Survey Junkie.
While you can find plenty of sites offering incentives to participate in research studies, most people prefer services that offer immediate rewards instead of waiting months before receiving anything. Here's why:
Participants who wait too long risk losing interest and dropping out altogether. In fact, 65% of participants drop out within two weeks of signing up. That means someone who has been doing surveys for less than a week is far more likely to finish their chosen study compared to someone who waits days or weeks.
Companies often need to hire additional employees to manage large amounts of data collected during market research projects. Since hiring takes time, recruiting participants early makes sense financially. Plus, participants tend to feel more comfortable giving honest answers when they know they'll be rewarded soon afterwards.
Of course, you don't necessarily have to go through a reputable company. There are many independent contractors willing to perform market research for pay. While the rate isn't going to be great, it doesn't matter because you won't be qualified for high payments anyways.
For instance, MarketPoint Global offers small research tasks ranging from $5 -$25. As for quality, they state that "the larger [a] project is, the better."
It's important to note that many market researchers will simply refuse to consider anyone under age 18. So if you plan on participating in market research younger than 18, please consult your parents before doing so.
Brand loyalty is a double-edged sword. On one hand, consumers appreciate brands that give back to society. But unfortunately, it also leads us into thinking that we deserve free products — especially those that come preloaded onto smartphones. Luckily, there are now apps specifically designed to incentivize users to download brand-specific versions of popular apps in exchange for gift cards.
In order to use Brand Loyalty Rewards, you must install both Google Play Store or Apple App Store version 2.0+ of the following mobile apps: Facebook Messenger Lite, Snapchat, Instagram Stories, Twitter Lite, YouTube Premium, TikTok Lite, Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Dropbox Paper, Signal Private Chat, Brave Browser, Evernote Food, Viber, Google Maps Go Edition, Discord, Kindle Fire Tablet Basic edition, Samsung Bixby, and Xbox Live Gold.
Once installed, you can begin downloading content via QR codes found in promotional materials such as magazines, billboards, TV commercials, etc., or you can scan barcodes directly from product packaging.
After installing the app, open settings then tap Scan Barcode & Share Code. From here, select either Custom QRCode Scanner or QuickScan. Depending on whether you choose to manually input a code or automatically detect it, you'll be directed to different pages inside the respective stores — e.g. iTunes vs. Microsoft. After selecting a store, click Next followed by Continue to view details about the item you scanned. Select Gift Card Balance at the bottom of the page to redeem points towards a physical gift card. Or, select Redeem Points to donate directly to nonprofits.
Branded rewards programs typically charge annual fees, although some are completely free. The easiest way to tell if a program is worthwhile or not is by reading reviews from current customers. To learn more, read our article outlining everything you need to know about shopping smarter.
With hundreds to choose from, choosing the right platform for you requires taking numerous factors into consideration. Before joining any given program, decide what kind of user you'd be ideal for it. Are you interested in short surveys that only require simple questions or long drawn-out questionnaires that require detailed responses? Do you enjoy answering general questions or specialized topics? Decide what fits your personality best and look for platforms that match that style.
Here are four top choices:
Google Opinion Rewards: Earn credits for participating in surveys that run anywhere from five minutes to 45 minutes. Credits accumulate in your account and you can redeem them toward gift cards. Keep in mind, however, that you cannot cashed out rewards with PayPal. You can withdraw funds by mailing a postcard from the accompanying kit, or request a refund form.
Swagbucks: Swagbucks gives you the option to earn gift cards, coupons, sweepstakes entries, vouchers, and cashback rebates. Their compensation plans vary according to region.
Rewards.com Panel: With this platform, you can earn gift cards, donations, and merchandise. Signing up usually takes 24 hours and you'll receive invitations to participate in various research opportunities. Payments are made weekly via direct deposit. A minimum balance is needed in order to participate.
If you're a fan of playing games, making money from walking around and cashing in on old electronics, then these are for you! We searched through our app lists archives looking for awesome paid-for-surveys, instant payments and other cool ways to make money with your phone.
Here's what we found...
You probably already know about Google Play Pass, which pays users $5 per month if they can get at least 10 friends to sign up (and it has just launched internationally). But there are plenty more where those came from. Here are some good ones you might not have heard of yet.
1) Flipster -- $2/month
In this case "instantly" means you don't need to wait until every day or week when Flipster sends an email asking how much you want to earn. You'll be sent one offer after another based on past purchases made by others. The offers change often but typically involve buying books, music, movies, electronics, food, toys and even services such as haircuts. All you need is an iPhone or Android device.
2) Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card -- 3% back on all eligible Amazon purchases
This credit card rewards shoppers who spend most of their time online shopping at Amazon.com. Every dollar spent using the card gets rounded up to nearest whole cent, so no matter how much you shop, you will always receive 1c back into your account. Plus, there are special deals available via emails and social media channels. Earnings accumulate over three months and you can decide whether to withdraw them monthly, quarterly or annually. A maximum of $450 bonus spending allowance applies each quarter.
3) Dollar Shave Club -- 4 weeks after purchase
The Dollar Shave Club works similarly to Harry’s Razors: memberships cost between $21-$27 per month depending on length of subscription. Once you subscribe, you pick exactly which razor blade you'd prefer each month. For example, I chose the Precision Pro 2 Razor Handle ($19.99), while my wife picked the Feather Blade Pack ($22.95). Each box contains four razors worth approximately $100. When you open the boxes, simply replace the blades yourself. The company also provides a free trial period during which customers can try before purchasing. No minimum number of subscriptions required.
4) Cash App -- Cash App charges interest rates ranging from 7.9% - 23%, depending on amount transferred. It takes two business days prior to receiving funds in your bank account. There are no fees associated with sending or requesting money. Customers must verify identity first by submitting a photo ID and proof of address. As part of its verification process, CashApp checks customer banking information and confirms any outstanding transactions. If necessary, the system may contact the customer directly via text message to confirm receipt of payment. While there are many great reasons to use Cash App, keep in mind that it only allows transfers within the United States.
5) Zynga Poker Casino -- Zynga poker gives players chips to play Texas Hold 'Em against other people anywhere in the world. Players can buy chips with credits earned during game sessions, though you can also deposit real money and start earning immediately. Chips never expire and give you access to hundreds of thousands of hands played by millions of gamers worldwide. Users can choose either a sit & go tournament style experience or join tournaments hosted daily and sponsored by celebrity players including Shaquille O'Neal, Maria Sharapova and Nick Jonas.
6) Google Opinion Rewards -- This site lets you sample products and complete market research surveys for extra income. Some surveys require you to watch short videos, answer questions or perform simple tasks and get small rewards. Others ask you detailed opinions on topics related to various categories. Typically, these surveys run from 15 minutes to several hours, although some surveys request longer completion times. In addition, you can choose to participate in panel studies instead of taking surveys. Panelists are compensated for participation according to predetermined guidelines. Earning potential varies greatly among different companies. Keep in mind that the payout rate depends on the product being sampled, the type of study and the size of the sample group.
7) Swagbucks -- Swagbucks operates similar to Do Not Track programs offered by major technology companies, except that users can opt-out whenever they wish. They do so because once a user chooses to stop tracking his activity, he or she cannot continue participating in certain activities involving third parties. These include completing sweepstakes entries, answering polls, watching videos and playing games. To compensate for opting out, Swagbucks compensates its users with gift cards valued at hundreds of dollars. Gift cards can be redeemed for anything from iTunes cards to Starbucks coffee cards. However, compensation levels vary widely across its network of partners. Check out its FAQ section for full details.
8) Ebates -- With Ebates, you get rewarded for doing things you normally wouldn't bother doing anyway. Like filling out web forms, checking prices, etc., as well as browsing websites. Simply click on links provided by eBates to find retailers offering discounts and rebates on specific items. Depending upon your behavior, you could end up saving hundreds of dollars. On top of that, you can qualify for bonuses such as travel vouchers and movie tickets. And did we mention it won't cost you a dime?
9) GimmeFive -- GimmeFive is a website devoted to letting consumers share their feedback, opinions and thoughts with businesses. Businesses respond to requests submitted by consumers, giving them the opportunity to provide input regarding new features, designs, pricing and promotions. Consumers fill out brief surveys and submit comments without ever leaving home. Companies review consumer submissions, incorporate changes suggested by customers and send relevant results to registered users. Most of the surveys consist of multiple choice questions requiring a single response. The average reward ranges from five cents to $25 and usually lasts for 24 hours. Unfortunately, there are currently very few opportunities to win big prizes here.
10) Survey Junkie -- SurveyJunkie is a legitimate way to make money online. Surveys are delivered right to your inbox, and you can easily redeem them for PayPal cash. Payments are issued weekly, and you can expect to earn roughly $20 to $30 per hour for your efforts. Payment frequency is flexible as long as you meet the requirements set forth by Survey Junkie. Signing up is easy—you just need to create a profile, select your preferred demographics and interests, and begin responding to surveys. As you gain points, you move up the chain and become eligible to enter contests and giveaways. Points can be used to unlock premium content, such as additional surveys or invitations to exclusive events. Unlike most survey panels, Survey Junkie doesn't charge a fee. Instead, it earns revenue primarily from advertising.
11) Klout -- Klout uses a variety of methods to compensate users for sharing their opinion online. First, it hosts competitions and promotional campaigns featuring popular influencers and brands. Second, it connects influencers with bloggers, journalists and editors. Third, it runs public surveys to determine trends and insights. Finally, it helps advertisers target audiences interested in particular subjects. Clients can reach out to Klout if they would like advice on marketing strategies or creative ideas for launching a campaign. Compensation comes in the form of ad impressions and brand engagement data. Users can start earning money as soon as they launch their first campaign.
12) CheckRabbit -- CheckRabbit is a marketplace connecting individuals with businesses willing to exchange goods and services. Individuals post job openings, advertise skills, accept jobs and bid on projects. Bids range from less than $40 to upwards of $250 per project. Many employers list hourly positions, while others seek freelancers. After posting a listing, CheckRabbit matches prospective employees with clients. At checkout, both sides pay processing fees plus applicable taxes. Checkrabbit makes money handling client refunds, settling disputes and protecting merchants against fraudulent orders. Since CheckRabbit handles the transaction itself, buyers aren't charged a service fee. Sellers retain 100 percent of sales proceeds.
13) Pinecone Research -- Pinecone Research conducts consumer panel calls to gather qualitative data about the latest products and services. Participants call a toll-free number and record themselves talking about whatever topic they desire. Call recordings are transcribed and analyzed by human researchers, resulting in valuable insight into consumer attitudes toward industry issues. Recruiting participants takes place via targeted ads placed on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit. Paid participants get a $15 gift card for joining, while unpaid volunteers receive a $50 gift card for signing up. According to Pinecone Research, participants need to supply their own devices, software and cell phones. Paid subscribers enjoy unlimited usage, while nonpaying volunteers get limited access.
Become CEO of your own lead generation software company, just follow our battle-tested guidelines and rake in the profits.